Thursday, July 23, 2009

Cave Editorial | Thursday 23July09

I just returned from what I personally call my Morning Walkabout ... I take my cup of coffee and meander about my back yard. One of my favorite sitting places is by my Bog Bridge with its cattails next to my beloved Cyprus tree. It's hard to believe that my backyard was so empty when I purchased my house now about 3 years ago - when a pile of cement blocks was the centerpiece of the backyard essentially where my pond (3,000 gal.) is located now.

I am a "pushing 60 year old single woman" and my backyard is what I call the manifestation of my soul - and hours of using my handy-dandy shovel and my trusty pick-ax. All the work being done by me ... and, I don't know how many pounds of bricks I have carried around!

I live in Nebraska - the state called happy due to its low unemployment and its state unicameral that tries to run a balanced budget. The majority of bankers in this state were not giving out home loans on zero down and this state is definitely fiscally conservative.

To be completely honest there is NOT a place I would rather live. The weather has its extremes - and I grew up as a child jumping into the family stationwagon with my parents as my father was one of the tornado spotters for our small community... I am no stranger to watching the sky. Just got done reading articles about the tornado damage in Denver .. where are we now safe from extremes in weather?

I created my backyard with its series of pathways leading to separate little patios or sitting places - there is my bog bridge view as there is my wildflower view patio and the bird/squirrel feeding patio where I can watch the little guys devour their seeds and take their baths. I planted white clover as the ground cover throughout the backyard and there is no need to get my lawn mower out. All my plants are perennials - so definitely low maintenance!

My home is a tiny one-bedroom almost 100 year old stucco house that I complete remodeled when I purchased the property. The roof is now a rubber roof and all the water that my roof catches from rains is moved through a french system I dug last year that runs into my pond - providing for water exchanges for my pond. Overflow from my pond goes into my Bog (hate to count the number of bags of peat moss I loaded into that bog!). Love my bog and its cattails that I can see from my kitchen window. After a 4" rain last year my bog barely overflowed into one of my wildflower beds so does retain the water.

I have what I call my vineyard with my concord grape vine appearing to have an abundance of grapes again this year - its so relatively young. My other vines are still babies planted this year.

My two cherry trees provided me cherries in June and were so pretty this spring when they were flowering. My plum trees is growing so and maybe by next spring I will be picking plums. My pear tree provided one little pear last season .. too cute.

This morning as I was doing my usual Walkabout with my cup of coffee and my 3 little dogs busy doing their morning investigation of new smells from visiting bunnies and who knows what ... I held on to a thought and decided to contemplate upon it.

I am a teacher of sorts on the subject area of how thoughts are mental objects that pass through our arena of consciousness - we have the option of using our hands of awareness to grasp them or allow them to pass on ... there are always new thought objects that will take their place.

The thought I chose to hold was that of giving up on my current event blog - this one that I am posting upon. Months ago I experienced a real need to try to wake people up to the need to get into preparation for the upcoming economic collapse of this nation. I concur with Clif High - if people aren't awake now there is not much that will wake them up until they are really hungry.

I have been visiting some forums relating to current events - political, economic and such as the Web Bot forum. It is obvious the yuppies now are waking up - and as it was said "you'd better get your long term storage food and gold/silver before the yuppies wake up - and shortages begin". That is is now. I can picture the pallets of freeze dried food being delivered into the garages of rich yuppies.

My 4 grown children have laughed about how if some robber looked in my windows they wouldn't see anything they would want to steal - I don't have a television and my computer is of the old kind. What self-respecting robber would steal my little brown paper bags of seeds? Pallets of freeze dried food will one of these days be a real heist. As it has also been said, "what will you do when your storage foods run out?".

I am the type of person that says "my day lilies are eatable - from the roots to the blooms and very high in vitamins" - and my 4 grown children roll their eyes. For example,
From all the sumac I have in my backyard I tell them how they can make lemonaid from the sumac berries. And, when my coffee runs out, there are plenty of dandelion roots to roast making a good coffee substitute.

Twenty+ years ago when I was a single mom of those 4 now grown children essentially attempting to raise them in poverty I made the decision to start training myself to send prayers of gratitude to this miraculous Universe for the gift of WATER when I was making my first cup of coffee in the morning. NO ONE needed to tell me about the human's NEED for water. I personally get a little annoyed when people think of water as some utility.

We are a nation under attack by a bioweapon lab's flu virus and a vaccine that is probably going to be the real killer when dancing with the crap we've been ingesting from chem trails. Our nation's money system is doing its death dance that will end up in its funeral with herds of angry humans running amuck. Our solar system is on its cyclic course that is taking it through a place where scientists talk about what has happen to the sun and the earth's magnetosphere. Move the planet a bit on its axis and that bulge around the equator will be moving along with the oceans ... then there is idiot humans with nuclear weapons and our nation and it's military industrial complex and being the military arm of the PowersThatBe. If that isn't enough our government is allowing its people to be poisoned by its food and water supply due to being in bed with BigPharma and those thinking they own a seed.

Keeping my sense of humor. Told my pond turtle (red earred slider) SubWay that if worse comes to worse there is 3,000 gallons of water in his pond ... he and his fish and frog buddies may have to share some.

Just wait until our dollar becomes worthless pieces of crap in the global market place and we start paying heating bills this winter ... and my hot water heater (a luxury) will be one of the first luxuries to go and I will be finding inexpensive ways to heat my water.

I wonder if a few global huge volcanoes start to really blow - will solar panels be affected by the polluted atmosphere that may result from such volcanic ash? Then you can think what a good earthquake could possibly do to your incoming and outgoing water/sewage pipes - let alone natural gas pipelines.

How do you really prep for what Clif High calls an EPIC time in human history? News about New Zealand moving closer to Australia because of a massive earthquake was not in the news when I was growing up! Plus the government wasn't giving $trillions of taxpayers' money to offshore banksters. What a time to be experiencing!