Saturday, September 12, 2009

LosAngelesPublicRelations.com | Sonic boom was heard throughout Southern California as space shuttle Discovery lands at Edwards AFB outside LA

Sonic Boom Los Angeles

September 11th, 2009

This afternoon as I tried to wrap up my Friday, two loud kabooms shook my entire office.

As I went out into the street to see how many cars had exploded I was told by a passerby that it was only the shuttle.

“The shuttle?” I asked. “Yeah, Discovery is landing in California,” she replied.

Unstable weather on the East Coast caused the space shuttle Discovery to land this afternoon at Edwards Air Force Base, outside Los Angeles instead of the Kennedy Space Center in Florida.

The sonic boom was heard throughout Southern California.

Discovery returned from a near 14 day mission at the International Space Station.

RELATED:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xbK2Y9_pubs

STS-128
2009-09-11
California landing for Discovery

The space shuttle Discovery landed safely at Edwards Airforce Base in California after stormy weather prevented a Florida homecoming.