Wednesday, January 13, 2010

George Ure's UrbanSurvival.com | January 13, 2010 - HERE COMES THE SEED POLICE


Here Comes the Seed Police!


All the warnings here about getting your heritage seeds before the government moves on food supplies of just regular folks may have seemed alarmist and dire...a little "Too much tinfoil, George!". But if you think I'm BS'ing about the government seizing seeds purchased from places like eBay, try this email on for size:

"Mr. Ure,

Thank you for your insightful news articles/website, I enjoy reading them each morning. I wanted to share some information with you and your readers regarding a recent incident, involving the USDA. I'm still totally blown away by the fact that a USDA (SITC) Officer came to my home yesterday morning and left his business card and a brochure stating that I have allegedly purchase illegal (sweet corn) garden seeds from Ebay. I'm suppose to contact this SITC officer today and speak with him concerning this Ebay transaction. Our government has nothing better to do than travel to an individuals home and investigate a small amount of garden seeds? I've read and listened too some speculation that our government is trying to crack down on individuals rights to grow their own produce but I assumed that this was just hype. Maybe there is some legitimacy to this type of investigation but I just can't understand that's it justifiable with so many more important issues like smuggling illegal immigrants or narcotics.

Regards,